Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Artist Statement.







Music, movies, people, and opinions, are the main things that I describe in my art. My favorite film characters are mainly portrayed in my art whether its fine or digital. Indiana Jones, Alex Delarge, the Schoolmaster, Pink, Aron Ralston, Batman and many more have been used in portraits. Rock n' Roll figures also take place in my art. But essentially my art is just explanations of inspirational people, or people who I just find awesome. The most recent portrait introduced in art form I have created for art class, is Alex Delarge. He is the main character of Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. This is a scene in the movie in which he undergoes the, "Ludivico Treatment," a medical technique to make ultra-violent people, such as Alex. My overall goal was to create perfect proportion and detail. It did not work perfectly, but it I am very happy with how it finished. My frustrations were moments when the black charcoal traveled into the color, which resulted in making it look gray. I also wish more shadow and color was in the face. But I love how the strap across his head turned out, and his head, other than the color. The most important aspect in my many techniques is value. I always want to create the most realistic value possible. And an overall important aspect of my art is hopefully to interest people who have not seen the characters in these movies and hopefully encourage them to watch them rather than Transformers and Twilight. Basically I wont my art to interest people.

No comments:

Post a Comment